If you follow me on Facebook, you will know that I recently bought a dressing gown. Emma from BrummyMummyof2 is often sporting one in her Instagram and Facebook posts, and I was feeling a bit jealous. Dressing gowns look so comfy, especially in winter. And I’ve needed something to make me feel more snuggled up at home. After some research on The Google, I decided upon the third one above. But I thought I would share some of the other robes that I liked.
1. Striped Wrap – this beauty from Marks & Spencer was a close second. It looks so elegant. Plus it’s long so will keep your little calves warm. And those stripes appeal to many of us ladies of a certain age. What is it with stripes that sends so many of us in our 30s and 40s all a flutter?!
2. Kimono – This tropical print kimono from La Redoute is just so pretty. I’m a bit crazy about the colour green, and I find that it isn’t the most popular colour on the high street. So when I see clothes in green, I go a bit giddy. And it even has pockets. Looks AND practicality!
3. Stars Ripple Robe – This is utterly cute and cosy. I wasn’t sure how it would look in real life, so I popped into my local Next to try it on. It was so soft, I couldn’t resist buying it. I’m not as tall as the model, so the robe falls below my knees which is a great length. And the pockets mean that I can carry around my mobile in one, and a sneaky snack in the other. Muwharrr.
4. Biba Oriental Gown – I love a bit of retro 70s chic from Biba. This gorgeous dressing gown from House of Fraser is as far from frumpy as you can get. It is annoyingly sold out in most sizes, which comes as no surprise. It has long sleeves, falls down to the ankles and even has pockets. How I love a pocket!
5. White Shawl Collar Robe – Our towels are from The White Company, so I am already a fan of their quality. And there is something so luxurious about a high-quality white robe. It makes you feel like you’re at a spa or a posh hotel. But you’d be home, making lunches and doing the laundry, but in a fluffy white robe.
So, what do you think of my choices? Do you have a dressing gown? Do you want one now?