Does anyone else get the urge to re-vamp their bedrooms in the winter? I always see people on Instagram who have Christmas bedding and twinkly lights to transform their bedrooms into winter wonderlands. So I thought I would put together a little wishlist of items that would make my bedroom feel warm and wintry without looking like a child's room.
1. Antique Brass Pendant Light, £112 - Okay, this isn't a Christmas light. But it is so pretty and elegant (and looks like it costs a lot more than it does). We currently have a paper lantern in our bedroom as I search for the perfect light, and I think I have found it. It will add a luxurious yet vintage feel, all year long.
2. Gold Metallic Stars Bedding, £40 King- I love the idea of Christmas bedding, but I don't want any with Father Christmas or snowmen. The gold stars are festive but still tasteful and stylish. And because this bedding is utterly gorgeous, you might want it on your bed throughout the year.
3. Mock Sheepskin Rug, £69 - Ooh, nothing says winter like a soft, luxurious rug to keep your feet warm. La Redoute make amazing, yet affordable rugs, and this grey rug would make any room look cosy and chic.
4. Memory Foam Mattress, £585 About four years ago, we invested in a memory foam mattress. I say invested because they are not cheap. But they are heaven to sleep on. Especially if you have a bad back like I do. No bedroom is complete without one.
5. Pom Pom Throw, £56 - There's something about a pom pom. They seem to be everywhere at the moment - on hats, jumpers, wreaths and this lovely blanket. It would look equally fab on the sofa or on the bed. And would be so cosy wrapped around me on a cold evening. And in red, as it looks so merry and festive.
6. Velvet Cushion, £30 - Since velvet was all over the autumn/winter17 catwalks, this is one fashionable cushion. It is just so pretty and looks incredibly soft. And the natural colour means that Husband can't complain that it's too girly.
7. Chamonix Skiers Cushion, £15 - This is a Scandi-lover's dream. I love the vintage scene - makes me wish I knew how to ski. Cushions are an easy, and inexpensive, way to update a room. And this cushion would update any bedroom.
8. Novak Bedside Table, £399 - Regular readers will know that I am a mid-century furniture lover. We're planning to renovate the bedrooms in the new year, and this sidetable would look lovely in my room. And obviously it's not just for winter. Scandi-chic is forever!
COLLABORATIVE POST WITH FISHPOOLS.CO.UK