How to Make Coconut Muffins
Coconut Muffins Mixture
- 120g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (fresh or not, doesn’t make a huge difference)
- 2 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 5 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 12ml whole milk (but can use semi-skimmed) *I use lactofree milk as both my son and I are lactose
- intolerantPreheat ven to 160C (fan-assisted) or 180C. I always use a tin liner so that I don’t have to worry about greasing the loaf tin. Plus, it makes it easier if you’re taking the loaf to a friend’s. I made a 1-lb loaf so that I would have extra batter to make cupcakes. Once I’ve baked the muffins, I can put them in the freezer and then defrost for last-minute visitors or treats for the kids.
1. Cream sugar and butter.
2. Add lemon juice and eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, add flour and salt.
4. Add to creamed mixture. Add milk. Add coconut.
5. Pour mixtures into one-pound loaf tin and into cupcake tin.
6. Bake loaf for 40-50 minutes. Don’t let the loaf get too dark/well done. Remove from the oven and cool.
7. Bake muffins for about 35 minutes.
1. Substitute milk for coconut milk, for more of a coconut flavour.
2. Once baked, add raspberry jam on top of the loaf then sprinkle with dessicated coconut.
3. Halfway through baking the loaf, add desiccated coconut then bake for the rest of the time.
4. Once the loaf has been baked and cooled, mix 50g sugar and the juice of one lemon (2-3 tbsp lemon juice) and drizzle over loaf.
The final results