Gross Anatomy

Moozles is 5 1/2. From the times of potty training, we have always used the British terms of bum for bottom and wee for pee. And because my British husband didn’t know an alternative name for a vagina, we called it the front bum. But my daughter is now in Year One, so I want to let her know she has a vagina not a front bum. Husband is not a fan of that word and thinks it is too clinical. I think calling it a va-jay-jay is too American. Vag and coochy sound a bit gross.

What do other people call that area? Is there a British term? Or a term appropriate for children? This is not something I want to google in case ‘girl’s vagina’ results in the police coming to my door.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *